Friday, November 21

More dreams...

Last night I had another one of those strange dreams. For months, I can go and wake in the morning and not remember a single dream. And then, like now, I have the images when I wake.

Last night I was driving and had to take a detour which went through a shipping container farm. The road was paved and had tall cyclone fences on either side; the road ran straight through a facility which housed shipping containers... you know the kind; the kind that are used on ships and then end up on tractor-trailers or trains... Anyway, I turned onto the road and there was a guy walking a sentry post, his rifle at right-shoulder-arms. He wasn't in uniform; just some guy with an M-16 on his shoulder, walking along side the road next to the fence.

... as to the other situation, Jane came back to spend the night, but we didn't talk about Ralph's report or Mercer's mom. Today, we were emailing back and forth and she wrote, "You can call her if you like... you liked her enough to inquire about her status..."

I'm wondering if this is a trap. You know, the woman says one thing, offering permission, but if the guy does it, there's all hell to pay. A colleague of mine wrote me after I said I was in the dog house. "Yes, you are... is she speaking to you at all? Her insecurity level just rose 1,000 pegs!" Yes, Susan may be on to something here.

No comments: