Monday, February 23

Frankie's trying to hook me up...

Here I am in Chicago... I'd like to say it's warm here... well, it is, sort'a; it's 45, a veritable heat wave for the windy city...

But, you're not tuning in to hear the latest weather reports from the midwest. No, you're wondering what's up with the life of the Sausage Maker.

Here's the latest:

Frankie's decided I need someone other than Jane, so she gave my number to a friend of hers, Tammy. Tammy called me last week, and we chatted on the phone a bit. Then we decided we'd see each other in person. I'm not sure why Frankie thinks Tammy's a match for me. She's my age (or older); I'm attracted to women who are at least a couple of years younger than me. She owns four cats; I am deathly allergic to cats. She's pretty vanilla; I'm still figuring out the freak in my own life.

Whatever. So, last night we went to the movies at the mall. We'd talked about it; I'd told her that the best deal was to pick a movie that was old, so we'd be the only folks in the theatre. We'd sit in the back row in the corner and make out during the movie, perhaps cop a feel or two, maybe a little heavy petting or oral sex. We decided on Along Came Polly since it has been out for a while. We snagged the premo seats and sat in the shadows, nestled against each other. Didn't do a whole lot except snuggle; I played with her ears. We kissed, a bit, after the movie ended.

When I got home, she called to tell me I missed out, that she would'a slept with me. She said she was sitting in the theatre nestled up against me all comfortable and wet from anticipation.

It's too bad there's no good place to watch the submarine races at home. Here in Chicago, I'll bet the subs ply the waters of Lake Michigan making for some great races.

We'll just have to see what happens with Tammy; I'm thinking Frankie is off on this one. And I think the tarot reader agrees. I stopped in, already, for a little reading. She was a little distracted, and gave a reading similar to the one in December. More of the same: soulmate approaching & trying to get to me, but something holding her back... a new job in the next 6-months with a raise (I just applied for a couple of jobs over at the Plant)... moving out of state in a couple of years... the woman-who-is-pregnant-with-my-child wants more out of our relationship. Actually, it was a fairly generic reading, now that I think about it: there was nothing absolutely specific like my soulmate is named "J" or the letter I received in December was from my soulmate. No, all I got this time from Theresa was assertions which are likely true for most Americans in the early spring of 2004.

In the mean time, here I am in the Windy City, wondering if I should check out the local ballet... ;-)

No comments: