Saturday, April 9

A loyal reader responds

Okay, maybe she's not a loyal reader, and maybe the respondent isn't a woman (but I'm guessing it's not a man, but I'm likely wrong and sexist to boot, eh?), but the following was posted below:
Why did you get married? Sheesh, you write this kind of stuff and your wife is at home watching the baby.

Pathetic. Grow up and realize that "sparkle" in their eyes wouldn't be there if they were married to you. Please.
Okay; to answer:
  • Why did I get married? I got married because I love Jane and want to spend my life with her. That we have a son together, well, that might have played into the decision, too.


  • As to the sparkle in women's eyes: Jane has a sparkle, too. As does Kathleen, my former spouse. As do many women. Perhaps, dear reader, had you and I married, you'd have lost your sparkle. :-)
Okay, perhaps that was cold. Suffice it to say: Jane and I have been married for a touch over five months. That we have a relationship which has a bit of freakiness in it. That we're two people trying to make it in the world, alone and together.

Had I not been on the road for work, I'd have been home with the baby... And there are evenings when Jane heads out to Osaka's, and I'm left home with Miller.

And, if I sound defensive, I'm sorry. I guess I am.

And, to my two old friends-in-the-flesh who read this blog: nothing much has changed in twenty years, eh?

No comments: