Wednesday, November 23

The "abyss" is now "flickr"


OK OK SMILE THEN
Originally uploaded by bad-n-KY.
And I'm think I might have fallen in...

I'm enamoured. I'm not sure there's much else to say...

Jane is off at Osaka's again; they called her in 'cause whoever was supposed to KJ called out. So, Miller & I went to the community Thanksgiving service, but he was tired and kept crying and fussing; I put him down at one point, and he escaped and toddled up to the front of the church & climbed the stairs to be with the minister. Great, frigg'n great. We left before the service was over; I couldn't handle it.

Now he's in bed, asleep, and I'm at the computer, having fallen into the abyss of flickr and having become enamoured and wondering if I ought to move to Kentucky. Reminds me of a trip to Louisville; hmmm, I wonder if that trip was since the start of this blog. I don't think so.

I went with two colleagues; we worked for ten hours a day and then went to strip clubs for another eight or ten. One of the guys I was with, Marc, was from over at the Plant (he's gone now), and the first night we were there, when we walk out of the place he's got a stripper with him. She goes back to his hotel room to spend a couple of hours with him. I never figured out how he did it; and I saw him do it maybe half a dozen times.

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my most favorite holiday of the year. For the first time in more than twenty years, I'm not going to be at my parents'. After the catastrophe this summer with Jane and my brother (if you're not a regular reader of the Sausage Factory and Jane Says, here's Jane's post about our lovely vacation). Anyway, I'll be burning, I mean, cooking, the turkey tomorrow. And giving thanks for a wonderful wife, three great sons, a decent job, decent health, and everything else I've been blessed with.

And then next week is my birthday, which I'd rather forget.

But that is another story all-together.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of moving to Kentucky.

;-)

No comments: