Monday, May 23

Tagged: A life with books.

Well, I guess it's nice to know I have at least two regular readers: Jane and Magdala.

Magdala has decided I need to think about books; she's tagged me.

1) Total number of books I've owned.
Who knows. I think I have perhaps five hundred books in the house right now. When I divorced, I got rid of a slew of books, perhaps five or six hundred... I grew up in a house with books and books and books.

2) The last book I bought.
Books for class. Thrillers, each and every one.
  • Resolving Identity-Based Conflict In Nations, Organizations, and Communities

  • Working Ethics: Strategies for Decision Making and Organizational Responsibility

  • The New Leaders : Leadership Diversity in America

  • Preventing Workplace Violence : A Guide for Employers and Practitioners

  • Violence in the Workplace: A Prevention and Management Guide for Businesses

  • The 17 Essential Qualities Of A Team Player Becoming The Kind Of Person Every Team Wants

  • Terror in the Mind of God: The Global Rise of Religious Violence


3) The Last Book I read.
Recently for fun I've been reading "alternate histories" -- you know, what would the world be like if the Confederate States had won the Civil War... Most recent book was from Harry Turtledove's American Empire series.

4) 5 books that mean a lot to you...
Hmmm... how the hell should I know? They all mean something to me. That's why there are stacks and stacks and stacks of them around the house... Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles was one of the most impactful novels I read in college. I'm into Philip Larkin's High Windows and Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass. A couple months ago I read Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife. There, that's four.

5) Tag 5 people and request they fill this out on their blogs.
Well, I'd tag Jane, but Magdala already tagged her... How about Kenny Garcia, Dinky Dog, and my Boston friend (no blog there... guess I'll just have to read it in your private journal). That's all for now.

2 comments:

magdala said...

Thank you Simon, I was curious as to what you would admit to reading. I have enjoyed watching different people do this meme. It's been interesting to say the least. Now if your lovely wife will respond as well I will be happy.
(I am no good at these things, but I tried!)

Anonymous said...

magdala....I'm getting to it...I promise. Just busy. Jane