Saturday, February 4

Reporting live from North Carolina Life

Well, I made it. I'm currently at a Marriott-family property, the location of NCL this weekend. Jane is taking a little nap in preparation for the rigors of the evening. Me, I decided to blog a bit. My plan is to blog live throughout the night.

This decision to blog live is based on several assumptions:

1. I'm not going to get too much pussy. I'll have time to hide in the room and pound away on the keyboard for a few minutes every hour or so.

2. I'll be sober enough to find the room and the computer, and my fingers will still work on the keyboard.

3. I'll have something to say, at least about my voyeuristic experiences.

We arrived a bit before 3pm; my flight from Atlanta was uneventful, thankfully. Jane picked me up at the airport and we headed here.

A group of folks were unloading the equipment from a trailer. Lots of stuff. Tubs and boxes and whatever. The whole thing is very professional and business-like. When we checked in, Joanne was handling reception, and Paul was one of the guys schlepping stuff up to the party floor. It's been a while since we've been here. They've improved some of their processes, and now have a credit card swipe machine, a membership card maker, and are very organized. Or, perhaps the organization is because we were the first to register today. Anyway, we registered and she gave us our confirmation number which we provided to the hotel's front desk and then we received our room key.

We're on the party floor. We're in the middle of the party floor. We're right next to the elevators.

Not necessarilly a good thing; no privacy at all, and it is likely to be loud. But at least we have a balcony.

We went downstairs at one point, and Jane introduced me to a young couple in the lobby: John E. and his girlfriend, Rebecca. He's a little, er, short... He works at Osaka's with Jane. I gave them grief that pretty soon everybody from Osaka's was going to be at NCL. He seemed up for that. We decided that Joanne is recruiting.

I decided that if Joanne keeps recruiting cute girls like Rebecca, she can keep recruiting.

Jane just made an utterance. "I'm not going to get any sleep." Right outside our door it sounds like there are twenty people all doing a meet-and-greet. Screams of welcome.

Going to be long night, perhaps.

No comments: